Strange noise at cold startup engine 1.4 TSI 140 hp

Zwiń
X

• Filtr
  • Czas
  • Pokaż
Wyczyść wszystko

• Strange noise at cold startup engine 1.4 TSI 140 hp

Dzieki za spontana. Milo bylo poznac Was osobiscie. Czas przejazdu do Cz-wy 52 min Dziekuje wspoltowarzyszom podrozy za towarzystwo

Strange noise at cold startup engine 1.4 TSI 140 hp

Hi,
    Have any of you this noise at first startup in morning?

What makes that noise? Thank you for your answers.

Komentarz

Hi there. that hi-pitch noise sounds more likely as a starter motor, or if its coming form left side it may be a water pump. But more likely WP will sound like that all the time especially when revving engine.

Look this as well
      Obecnie -> Skoda OCTAVIA II 2.0 FSI
      Obecnie -> Seicento 900+LPG
      Bylo -> Renault LAGUNA II 1.8
      Bylo ->GOLF 3 1.8

Octavia http://forum.octaviaclub.pl/viewtopic.php?t=87045

Seicento http://forum.octaviaclub.pl/viewtopi...461776#1461776

Komentarz

Yes, you are right, first time I also said that is the starter, because I have Start/Stop system. The starter at S/S system is a special one. But, searching on forums, I find that somebody changed the starter but the noise is still there. I started this thread on this forum thinking that I will find other opinions. Of course, many dealers said that is a normal noise at this new generation of engines, but no one explained from where the noise come from. Anyway thank you for your opinion.

Komentarz

To be fair if its still under warranty take it to your main dealer to sort this out
          Do not let them to ignore u. Tell them that this sound wasn't there before and u want them to sort this out. Other way they will be saying this is normal and in the and, after your warranty expires they will came up with something that u will have to pay for.
          Obecnie -> Skoda OCTAVIA II 2.0 FSI
          Obecnie -> Seicento 900+LPG
          Bylo -> Renault LAGUNA II 1.8
          Bylo ->GOLF 3 1.8

Octavia http://forum.octaviaclub.pl/viewtopic.php?t=87045

Seicento http://forum.octaviaclub.pl/viewtopi...461776#1461776

Komentarz

First time I will have a few days off, I will go to dealer. But, I also send an e-mail to Skoda factory, where I exposed my problem, with 3 video records. I told them that this noise is from day 1, is from the factory, many cars have this noise from 0 km, so they can investigate this in the factory. They send me a message saying that I must go to dealer and investigate the problem, when, I repeat, I told them that is a noise who appears at new cars. So, I think I must live with it long time from now on.

Komentarz

Same sort of noise in my car 03 1,4 tsi at first start up when cold. But I din't care about it so far as I've had same noise with my older 1,9 tdi bkd. So I thought it's normal.
              O3 elegance 1.4 tsi dsg, race blue, amazing, columbus, kessy + dodatki

http://forum.octaviaclub.pl/viewtopic.php?t=77449

Komentarz

In my opinion it is normal cold engine start (I thinking about 1.4 tsi 140 Ps). I have been asked my ASO about this strange sound of - and they assured me that is normal....
                Paseratti B8 1.8 TSI DSG

VW Jetta 1.2 TSI

Komentarz

O.K. It's a normal noise at cold start up. Many people say that. But, I want to know WHAT OR WHO MAKES THAT NOISE? I am looking just for a correct explanation, I don't think I am asking to much. I can live with this "normal noise" if I know why. For almost 20000 euro, it's not a good answer. Maybe I am paranoic.

Komentarz

I've also got that noise in my 2.0 TSI, so it's in all TSI petrol engines.
                    Moje projekty car detailingowe
                    VW Touran 2.O TDI
                    BMW X6 35d
                    więcej na PW

Komentarz

I think that this type of engine "just" have this sound- both of them (first clicking noise, and this after ignition- but only after cold start). Mine 1.8TSI make the same noise from the beginning, just as Your's- and honestly- I don't care about it, i just accept it. :wink:
                      And as far as I remember... 1.4 MPI from VW-group make the same noise after first start- and even sometimes when they ride- especially old B3 Passats with 1.8 petrol engine- that noise scares my dog.
                      IMO- At this point there isn't any reason to feel insecure with Your car.
                      Im bardziej czcisz bogów wieczorem, tym chętniej następnego dnia rano zsyłają demony, by tańczyły w twojej głowie.

Seat Leon FR 1.8TSI 2013

Komentarz

I've got the same - the mechanic said it's normal. Don't remember exactly but he said about some pump providing extra fuel for the startup. I'll ask again while visiting garage for oil change.

Komentarz

Yes, maybe he said something about the high pressure fuel pump who made the noise. I will wait for new information.

[ Added: Thu 19 Feb, 15 14:58 ]
                          Hi,
                          It seems that the noise is normal for engines 1.4, 1.8 TSI . The noise is made by high pressure fuel pump , injectors and injector ramp . At cold start , in that split second, more fuel is pumped for start up because the engine is cold (you can see on RPM indicator, it rises at 1200 rpm as the noise lasts). Attached a video , at the end, injector noise is heard like the noise:

So that is the reason the noise is heard. The engine is cold, the noise will be heard. The starter has nothing to do with it.

Komentarz

POWRÓT NA GÓRĘ
                          Pracuję...
                          X